Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Son's Flower



Our sunflowers are just beginning to bloom! They are Mom's favorite flower. So beautiful!
I love to think of them as an example of believers...growing and growing, always closer to the Son. Sunflowers have their name, because, in a way, they look like the sun. We as believers should be looking more and more like Jesus. We will never shine as brightly as He, nor will we ever on this earth be sinless. That brown spot in the middle of the sunflower reminds me of the sinner that I am. Yet when I get to Heaven, that will be washed away, and I will be a new creation, radiant and pure.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places...."Ephesians 1:3

What wonderful examples The Lord gives us in creation!
"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!"
Psalm 30:11-12



All creation sings His praise!

Psalm 8
Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, 
who put your splendor above the heavens. 
From the mouth of children and infants you have foundedc strength 
on account of your enemies, 
to silence the enemy and the avenger. 
3 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, 
the moon and the stars which you set in place— 
4 what is a human being that you think of him? 
and a child of humankind that you care for him? 
5 And you made him a little lower than heavenly beings,d 
and with glory and with majesty you crowned him. 
6 You make him over the works of your hands; 
all things you have placed under his feet: 
7 sheep and cattle, all of them, 
and also the wild animals of the field, 
8 the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea, 
everything that passes along the paths of seas. 
9 Yahweh, our Lord, 
how majestic is your name in all of the earth! 

"But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3"
Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6

2 comments:

  1. Oh Madelyn! How this post brightens up your blog! I LOVE It! Of course they are MY favorite flower as you mentioned! Very nice and insightful! Love it!!!!
    Love you more, though!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variety of sunflowers....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!