Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Becca - Seven Months

I feel like this stretch of time between six and seven months has had the most new experiences and developments for Becca. But it's hard to say for sure. The amount that a baby grows and develops in the first year is absolutely amazing! They go from being a totally dependant infant to a crawling, even walking, very independent little person!
Becca turned seven months on March 8th. Over the course of this month, she has mastered sitting up on her own, crawling, and has begun to try to stand up. She'll grab onto the nearest chair, stool or whatever she can find (basket of socks, rocking chair, dresser, car seat, etc.) and proceed to stand up! This has resulted in many bumps on the head. For example, the other day I had put Becca in her crib to play while I took a shower. As I was getting ready, I could hear her grunting and making noises like she was hard at work doing something. So I decided to check on her. To my surprise, she was standing up in her bed, and had used the side rails to get herself up! This was the first time I had seen her stand up, so I was very surprised! I decided to capture the moment, so I took pictures and videos. I looked away for one second, and when I looked up again, she was falling out! The crib matress was set at the highest infant setting, so it's easier to reach down and grab the baby. Time to change that! I reacted just in time to break her fall, but she still got quite the bump on her head. 
For about a month, Becca had gotten into some bad nighttime habits. She was waking up and wanting to eat 3-4 times a night! This was taking its toll on Mitchell and I -- especially Mitch who has to get up and get ready for work at 4:30! We thought it might be because of her teething, so we'd give her baby tylenol before bed and have baby orajel at the ready for when she woke up. This didn't really help. We thought she may be too cold, so we'd put layers on her and keep our space heater on low in our room. She still got up. Finally, Mitchell had the idea of moving her into her own room at night. We prayed with her, sang a song together and kissed her goodnight. She fussed for a little while, but fell asleep and slept through the night, and has done that every night since, for about a week now! It's so refreshing to be able to get a solid night's sleep after not having that for so long. We have heard her wake up and cry a little bit, but she always goes back to sleep after a few minutes.
She has become very, very verbal over the last few weeks! She says "dadda" all the time, and even says, "hi dadda!" to Mitchell! She loves to ramble random sounds and it seems like she's trying to tell us a story!
Becca crawls all over the place now! If she's on the floor in the livingroom, it doesn't take long at all for her to make it down the hall and into the bedrooms or bathroom. We try to remember to shut all the doors in the hall so she doesn't get into something she shouldn't!
She eats lots of different foods now, usually taking part in something we are eating for dinner, or if there isn't anything she can have, then eating baby food. She loves to pick up pieces of food from her tray. I'm still nursing, and hope to continue that at least till her first birthday.
Becca officially has two teeth! I think her top two aren't too far behind.
There's been a lot to update on this month! I hope I'm not forgetting anything! Becca is still just the happiest, most good natured baby I've ever met (and I'm not just saying that because she's mine!). She brings so much joy and so many smiles into our lives every day.
I'll let the pictures tell the rest. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!