Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Becca - Six Months

Half way to one!! Becca "celebrated" her half birthday on February 8, but to her it was just another day, full of smiles and giggles, play, laughs and wiggles.
She is growing up WAY too fast, and I can't believe that in another six months we'll be celebrating her first birthday!
As of this past weekend, she is "officially" crawling! I say officially loosly, because up until this point she had been scooting, pulling with her arms and getting around quite efficiently. Now, her crawl is an army crawl, where her belly is still on the floor, but its a crawl nonetheless! Needless to say, its getting harder to keep track of her as she becomes more and more proficient in her mobility! The other day, I was in the kitchen for two minutes, and she had crawled from the middle of the livingroom and was underneath the coffee table across the room!
She's been loving her bouncy seat, and gets herself going pretty fast in it! She loves all the toys attached to it, and its a good way to keep her active and occupied (and contained!) while I'm working on dinner or doing dishes, etc. She loves to be able to see and interact with me, and make sure I'm still there. The bouncy seat is great, because I can just pull it into whatever room I'm in.
A huge milestone that Becca has had lately is that she has cut her first tooth! It was right around Valentine's Day that I started to notice a tiny white speck. It was hard to check, though, as she would always be squirming and trying to bite my fingers! But now I can definitely feel a pokey pearly white! It'll probably be awhile before I can get a picture that shows it.
She's still loving food, but peas are still her favorite. She also LOVES her dissolving rice crackers. They probably feel good on those aching gums!
She's becoming increasingly verbal, experimenting with different sounds. Her most used "word" in baby talk is "ba-ba" or "buh-buh."

"This job [of motherhood] has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."
-Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!