Thursday, February 18, 2016

15 weeks 4 days

Hello everyone! Hope you are all enjoying a blessed week.
This week has been very good for me. I have felt great, and have had plenty of energy. I've been tackling more projects around the house, and yesterday I enjoyed going for a nice walk...it was such a beautiful day yesterday! Today is gorgeous, too. I have to be careful, though, not to over do it, and get wiped out. I've been doing a very low-impact exercise routine each morning, which has been so great. I really want to stay active throughout the pregnancy, as this can really do world's of good in preparing for labor- the workout of a lifetime! 😊

I've been enjoying keeping a pregnancy journal, writing my entrees in the form of a letter to my baby. Someday I look forward to reading them to my child, and will be a keepsake for it as it grows into adulthood....out on its own. Makes me emotional thinking about that time. It's hard now to think that time will come, when our child starts potty training, learning to read....when daddy teaches our little boy how to change a tire, or our baby girl makes her first meal all by herself. (and yes, our son will also learn to cook, and our daughter will learn to change a tire, too!)
I know it won't be long before our babies are on their own. The Lord has been reminding me as I prepare to enter motherhood, to cherish each moment. Not to rush things by wishing time away.

This week, baby is about the size of an apple! Between weeks 15 and 20, baby will more than double in size. Isn't that amazing? Baby can hear my heartbeat, and noises outside the womb as well. The eyelids are still fused shut, but baby can sense light that filters through my womb. (I didn't know that!)

Here's this week's baby bump picture! And samples from the baby journal.

Until next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!