Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Look at the Life of a Faithful Servant...

...Fanny Crosby

I recently had the privilege of using Fanny Crosby’s life as an example to my Bright Lights girls on the subject of contentment. 
What an amazing testimony this dear, dear lady had. 
Most of you have probably heard of Fanny. She wrote many of the hymns that we sing every week at Church, some of which we probably never realize that she wrote. You see, Fanny had many, many pen names. As far as I know (according to a list I saw online), she had just about 100 pen names. If she hadn’t used these names, then the hymn books would be filled with her name above all others! Over her lifetime, Fanny wrote over 8,000 hymns, many of which are the most dear to our hearts, precious songs of faith. 
Fanny was blind for much of her life. In spite of this condition, she was busy for the Lord. She was well known also for her mission work. 
One day when Fanny Crosby was at some kind of church meeting, she had an encounter that showed the wonderful attitude that she had concerning her blindness. 
"I think that it is a great pity that the Master did not give you sight when He showered so many other gifts upon you," remarked a well-meaning preacher.
People had made these kinds of comments before. She immediately replied, "Do you know that if at birth I was able to make one petition, it would have been that I was born blind." See, Fanny was not born blind, but became blind when she was six weeks old. She went on, "because when I get to Heaven, the first face that shall ever gladden my sight will be that of my Savior." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!