Monday, July 24, 2017

Becca's Journal

Today I was folding laundry and saw Becca's journal sitting on the nightstand. The laundry is folded and still needs to be put away, but I forgot about it for a moment as I pored through it's contents and Becca naps peacefully. Its almost a guaruntee that I will get teary eyed, or even have a good cry when I look back in this journal. I started writing in it the day we found out we were expecting, and have continued. I wrote throughout my pregnancy, sometimes every day. I told Becca my hopes, dreams and prayers for her, how much her Daddy and I love her, and even sometimes what we were having for dinner. I wrote about how I couldn't wait to meet her, to see her beautiful face and look into her sweet eyes. I told her how much we anticipated her arrival. I even told her my fears and worries. The entries have been few and far between since Becca has been born...not much time for writing anymore. But I wanted her to have something to look back on...that special, treasured keepsake, a book of letters written to her. Today I look back to the day we got a positive pregnancy test, the day we found out she was a girl, and a few weeks after she was born when I finally got a chance to write. And as I think back on each of these moments in time, reading what I wrote to my daughter I can feel the joy, the excitement, the tears, the pain, the relief, the love. I am so glad that I have these precious memories. Becca is about to turn a year old - I can't believe it - which means she won't be a baby anymore. She is turning a new chapter in her life. While I am excited for all the new changes and seasons ahead, I can't help but be a little emotional that the baby season is ending. I want to treasure each moment... Becca is already growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!