Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Becca - Three Months

Little miss Becca-boo is already three months old. I can't believe how fast time flies. She has changed so much, even in the last month. She smiles and coos all the time, and she even had her first real belly laugh the other day. She now knows for sure if she's not being held by mommy or daddy, and sometimes fusses if she can't see us. But she won't take her eyes off of us until we "rescue" her from whoever it is that she doesn't quite recognize yet. There are a few people, though, that she's been super content with from the very beginning. It also depends on what type of mood she's in.
She's on a really good schedule, usually goes to sleep around 9pm, and sleeps till 7 or 8am! (I know I'm super lucky!) When she wakes up in the morning, she eats and sometimes even falls asleep again for another hour or so. That's when I get ready for the day! Usually she is awake for the rest of the morning, eating about every 1.5-2 hours. Yup...she eats a lot! Most days, she takes a 1-2 hour nap around 1 or 2pm. That's when I get things done around the house...or, on some days, take a nap right along with her! Then she's up until her bedtime!
It's been so nice to have a solid night's sleep since she was about 8 weeks old! When I went for my 6 week post partum checkup, my doctor said that me being able to sleep well so early on probably helped me heal from my c-section even better/faster. I'm so thankful that there weren't any complications with my healing process. It's still hard for me sometimes to accept the fact that I had to have a c-section. But Mitchell is always reminding me that God was in control of it all, and that He wanted me to trust Him....even if it wasn't my best laid out plan. And look at the reward! Becca was worth every pain, every contraction, every fear and every tear. All the unknowns and all the waiting. All the difficult days. The hard nights. She is worth it all. 
Becca is SUCH a good, beautiful, precious girl... She brightens up our days and makes us wonder what we ever did without her in our lives. It's hard to imagine a time when she wasn't around. God has given us this amazing gift... We are so blessed! 😊❤

Thanks to Auntie Dayna for these pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!