Tuesday, October 14, 2014

for those of you who were wondering

I am writing this post for all of you who may be holding out, waiting, wondering.
Ok, I'll just come out and say it. Grace Abounding News is extremely [embarrassingly] late. For those of you who aren't aware, Grace Abounding News is the monthly newsletter that I write on our family. I know, you haven't even seen the September edition yet, and, no, you haven't been skipped or forgotten. No one has gotten the September issue yet...not even me. Ha! Just kidding, its in the works. Yes, I could be using this valuable and precious time to be typing or designing my newsletter. But...I didn't want this to go to much longer without you all having some form of a heads up, and a blog post gets to your eyes much, much faster than a printed, mailed paper. And lets face it, its cheaper, too. With how late this issue is, it got me realizing. Am I really going to be able to keep a once-a-month paper going in the midst of all thats going on?


That being said, I am going to announce a cut. Instead of once a month, Grace Abounding News will go down to coming out once every two months, so the late September issue will also include October. I do realize that these are paid subscriptions. That being said, I will add on to the length of the subscriptions as needed.

With all that I've covered above, its time to face the facts. I don't know if there are any helpless Grace Abounding News fans. I know a lot of people appreciate it and like getting something like that in the mail...probably a welcome sight amidst bills, flyers, and promotions. But I want you to all come to grips with something: I'm not going to do this forever. 

When I first started GAN, it was a great school project. Plus, I was a carefree teen with time on my hands. Now, things are a little different. I have a job thats taking a lot of my time right now, plus I have other responsibilities at home with the new kids. Free time is rare and precious. Bright Lights is going to be starting again, our play production is closing in on a very busy next few weeks. I just want you all to know that Grace Abounding News may be winding down sooner rather than later. I will consider doing a seasonal newsletter update to keep it going. But my blog will always be here, as will Mom's.

This isn't an overnight thing! Don't think that this will be your last issue! I just want to give you all a heads up so that you aren't surprised when it does stop.

As I mentioned above, my blog will always be here, and when GAN does stop coming out as frequently, I will purpose to more regularly post pictures and updates on my blog.

Thank you all for understanding!
~Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Hello Maddie. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " His Grace Abounds" and the post on it. I enjoyed the earlier post dated 8th October which has beautiful pictures. Well I am glad to know your love of the Lord and the title of your blog speaks much louder of what you are in the Lord because of His grace. Thank you for blessing me through the title of your blog. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work wth us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure working amongst poorest of poor will give you a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!