Thursday, January 17, 2013

I am truly blessed!

I am feeling so overwhelmed at God's love. Who am I that He should send His only Son to deliver me from my sins? That He should give His grace and mercy to me new each morning? That He would listen to my prayers?
I am so blessed by the precious gifts that He's given me...the wonderful blessing of my siblings! It is so amazing to think that if we hadn't adopted, I would be like an only child with Brittany married and gone.
But that's not the case, and I am so thankful for the immense privilege that I have been given to be an older sister and an example to my siblings!
Please do not mistake me...things are not all roses and sunshine. No way! There are struggles. There are disputes. There are times when my siblings drive me crazy and I am blind to the fact that they may feel the same way. There are times when I feel my anger rising when they don't listen, and I don't stop to think, "Wait; I am not the parent!"
But...by far, the good outweighs the bad...the blessing is greater than the trial. God is good...and He is loving. My desire and goal is to be like Him. Kind, loving, gracious, merciful, compassionate, meek, and so many things that cannot be written...
Fear not, for I am with you;

I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;

I will say to the north, give them up!
And to the south, do not keep them back!
Bring my sons from afar,


And my daughters from the ends of the earth.


Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for my glory;

I have formed him, yes, I have made him. Isaiah 43:5-7 


2 comments:

  1. Madelyn..I LOVE this post! It's awesome! Keep up the great work! What an encouragement you are to me, your Mama!! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Blessings to you, Madelyn...

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement, tips, ideas, and even constructive criticism. Please comment!